After our wonderful guest blog last week, please welcome, Sheelagh. I found her blog a few weeks ago and she was thoughtful enough to share a wonderful recipe with me!
Sheelagh writes for her own blog as well, My Happy Happenings. If you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, please take some time and visit her blog!
Peanut Butter Oat Balls
Let’s face it, life can be hectic and it’s hard to eat well when you’re constantly on the go. That’s why having nutritious treats like these peanut butter oat balls sitting in the fridge is such a lifesaver. They are no-bake so the whole recipe will take you under a half hour to complete. After that you’ll have the perfect little grab and go snack or pre/post workout fuel. They are made up entirely of good-for-you ingredients and are delicious to boot! Enjoy!
Recipe yields 20 1.5 inch balls:
– ¾ cup peanut butter
– ¾ cup rolled oats
– ¼ cup sunflower seeds
– ½ cup finely chopped dried fruit (I used dried blueberries and didn’t need to do any chopping)
– 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon honey (or agave nectar to make the recipe vegan)
– ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Ensure that everything is well distributed.
- 2. Take a scoop of mixture and press between fingers. If it is too wet you can add more oats and if it is too dry you can add more peanut butter.
- 3. Once dough is the right consistency roll it into balls with your hands and place in a Tupperware container. Place container in fridge and help yourself whenever you need a quick snack or energy boost. They should keep for at least a week in an airtight container.
I hope you get a chance to try out this recipe and enjoy the results. For more recipes and other fun things please feel free to visit my blog!!